Sunday, February 2, 2014

The Avengers

What can I say? 2012 was a great year for movies. We got The Avengers, MIIIB, The Amazing Spider-Man, Les Miserable, and Skyfall. And it's taken me two years, but I've finally reviewed them all. I guess I'm going to have to look at the rest of film in 2012 because it seems that most of my favorite movies so far have come out of that year. On to the review.
The Avengers carries on immediately from where Thor, Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk and The First Avenger left off. It's awesome, and it's got all the best elements of all of them. It's got the humor from Thor and Iron Man, and the dramatic action from all of them. As I've said about Thor and The First Avenger, if you haven't seen this or them they're definitely worth picking up. I'm planning on re-watching Iron Man, Iron Man 2 and The Incredible Hulk so I can review them as part of Avengers: Phase One before I move on to the rest of Phase Two, Iron Man 3, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Thor: Dark World. One thing I have to wonder is why they didn't just call it Marvel's Avengers instead of the more awkward Marvel's The Avengers, considering that the former rolls off the tongue a lot easier. On to the movie. It's great, everything works. It's awesome. I don't want to spoil too much, just like the other movies in Avengers Phase One, because it must be experienced. As crossovers go, it's awesome. There's no way that Batman vs Superman can top it that I can think of, especially because it's not a crossover between Nolan's Batman and Nolan's Superman, rather a new Batman and Nolan's Superman. The Avengers is an awesome movie to watch, but it won't make a whole lot of sense to you if you haven't seen the rest of Phase One. 10.0*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate