Saturday, June 29, 2013

Protest the disabling of account linking!

Today I received an eMail from Microsoft saying that I will no longer be able to access my business eMail account from my personal account and vice-versa. For "Security" reasons, apparently. I don't know about you, but I can't stand this. Hotmail is one of the best eMail clients out there, and if they disable this then I'm going to be extremely peeved at Microsoft, for a reason OTHER that the Xbox One costing $499. Here is the eMail in full below:
Microsoft account
Account linking will soon be discontinued
To help increase account security, the option to link multiple accounts will be discontinued.
Your accounts will remain unchanged, but to switch between them, you'll need to sign out of one and sign into the other. Also, the account menu in the upper right of Outlook.com will no longer list your multiple accounts.
Would you like to send and receive all your mail from all your accounts in one place?
If so, see Send and receive email from other accounts in Outlook.com.
Thanks,
The Microsoft account team
Blah blah blah, I don't care Microsoft. I used to like Hotmail, it's the reason my business account was created USING Hotmail! I use Firefox to upload videos, unfortunately I've already set up a Live account to be remembered there, for my Xbox LIVE membership. I'm going to have to set up another browser so I can log into my business Outlook account from there. Fortunately they're not discontinuing having multiple alias eMail's otherwise I'd be even MORE pissed at them. We might be able to stop them from doing this if enough people complain, they did that with the Xbox ONE and DRM didn't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate