Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Xbox One revision, before it's even released!

Well apparently, according to Kotaku, the Xbox One is no longer anti-used, you can now use it exactly like the Xbox 360 with a Blu-Ray drive and a whole lot of features we don't care about integrated. I'm still gonna be getting a Wii U though, since Nintendo is the only one with a decently priced console currently (Glares at Sony). Fortunately Sony made a big announcement about the PS4 supporting used games, but the Wii U already did that, along with the Vita and 3DS (As long as you ignore Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D, which was a completely pointless game since Resident Evil 4 has been ported for every console). In all honesty, I was expecting this, the PSPgo got discontinued quickly and now they've got a system update BEFORE the Xbox One even LAUNCHES (Take that, people who said that the day-1 system update on the Wii U was poor design). It would have been suicide to release a console like that, and still might be, since if a company even PROPOSES anti-used tech then you know they're not above it, the only reason Microsoft did this was because Sony and Nintendo were (And still are) threatening to shove them out of the console-market, especially since the Xbox One (I'm just gonna call it the Xone from now on) is $499 USD, when the Wii U and PS4 are both cheaper. Hell, MSFT is still competing with the Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360! That's a fine thing, having to compete with YOURSELF for sales! With the PS3 actually coming down in price and the Wii being a nice, affordable, reliable machine even six years after launch, Microsoft is going to have a hard time competing against the PS4, PS3, PSP, PSVita, Wii, Wii U, DS and 3DS with just the Xbox 360 and XOne, considering that they don't have a handheld system of their own (Just Windows Phone's made by other companies, and ironically iDevices) and with Madcatz, VALVe, NVidia, and a load of other companies entering the console fray I don't think that Microsoft can stand up to this without a handheld of their own.
By the way, the fact that it functions exactly like my Wii, Xbox 360, PS2, and all my other consoles isn't exactly selling it, all the games I want to play are either on Wii U or Xbox 360 (Call of Duty: Ghosts being really the only Xbox One game I'm interested in) and the rest (Thief 4 being a prime example) I just don't care about (Nothing personal, I just haven't played the Thief games). All in all it's no competition for my current consoles and I really don't feel like it's bringing much to the table, the new Kinect with 1080p is nice, but I didn't really like the original Kinect for anything but pretending I was Captain Picard giving underlings orders. By the way, I'm going to mention that I don't actually OWN a Kinect, I've just used one in the past, the same way I can play Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Need For Speed Undercover on the PS3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate