Saturday, February 9, 2013

Mutant Mudds: First Impressions

Mutant Mudds
Mutant Mudds is a downloadable game for the Nintendo 3DS eShop on January 26th, 2012 in the NTSC and PAL regions, Microsoft Windows (With extra content) on August 30th 2012, iOS on December 6th 2012, for Wii U (as Mutant Mudds Deluxe) TBA 2013. I will be reviewing the 3DS version in this article, thanks are given to Nintendo's PR department for getting me this game free of charge.




The soundtrack is complex and beautiful. A and B jump, X and Y shoot, the analog stick and D-pad move. There are three planes to move between. There are no checkpoints, so if you die right next to the end you gotta start back at the beginning of the level.
I find myself comparing this game Cavestory, you're a nameless protagonist with a bubble-gun in a Nintendo hard unforgiving world of pixels. The 3D mode is seamless and Mutant Mudds is the first game I've played that doesn't give me eye-strain for leaving the 3D mode at maximum. There are sections that you need to have played before in order to survive it, like Cavestory.

All in all I've enjoyed the game so far, I'll get back to you when I've finished it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate