Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Final Fantasy X, first impressions

This wasn't planned to be close to news about Final Fantasy X-X2 HD but it sure was convenient that it happened that way.....
I really like this, have I said that enough? Final Fantasy X is a pretty good game, the gameplay is good, the story is intriguing, and the controls are perfectly adequate. I can't really say much about it, other than that it's a good game. The Voice-acting isn't terrible, it typically fits, and I can overlook it if I want to.
The only thing I have to complain about is the cut-scenes, some of them are FMV, some aren't. I never thought I'd actually say this, but this game was in bad need of an HD remastering since the CGI cutscenes are fairly bad. I might actually get ahold of the HD version just so that I don't have to watch the CGI cutscenes. I wouldn't complain if they'd made all the cutscenes CGI, it might have wound up on two DVDs, but that's still better than having all those low-res textures that show stark contrast to the photo-realism of the FMVs, especially when in one scene it keeps swapping from FMV to CGI.
All in all, I still like the game, but was in bad need of HD texturing. Funny thing, Metal gear Solid 2 was also released early in the PS2's lifetime and it didn't have these kind of cutscene issues.
By the way, I might update on Wednesdays if I feel like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate